
In addition to these pictures of my family, I have chosen a picture of a scene from C. S. Lewis's book, Prince Caspian. In the book the main characters, the four Pevensie children, are lost in the woods because of their stubbornness and foolishness. And then Aslan, the Great Lion, comes. He rescues them. I have chosen this partly because I love the way C. S. Lewis saw wonder in everything. That is a quality I want to have. But the foremost reason I picked this is that I believe this reflects and explains who I am. I was lost in that wood. I was (and often still am) foolish and stiff-necked. My perfectionism can sometimes be good but other times it is just stubbornness. And I know the love I had for the people at the nursing home, the love that pushed me past me fear, did not simply come from me. But because He found me, the compassion and care I have shown is of Christ, the Great Lion.
![]() |
| Justin Sweet Running to Aslan, the Great Lion. |


I am not familiar with the story of Prince Caspian, but given your explanation of the plotline I can see why you liked it. As you put it here, with your connection to Christ your found a greater love than you could have shared on your own. This experience taught you to be wise in a way that just reading a book would not have done.
ReplyDeleteYes, thank you.
DeleteIn that third photo, your dog is just like, “Guys look over here"
ReplyDeleteHaha! Yeah, enjoying the view!
Delete