Monday, September 14, 2015

Mystory II: Anti-Definition

Mystory II: Anti-Definition

My anti-definition is for the word "mountain." Growing up in Colorado, my family and I spent a lot of time in the mountains. Camping, rock climbing, hiking 14ers and even just an evening trek at the end of a hot day to relax and cool off. These times can be described in so many words but I've narrowed it down to a handful: family, laughter, strength, endurance, perseverance, beauty, accomplishment, overcoming fear, and occasionally, Ibuprofen.


These are some pictures of hikes I've done with my family. The top one was my uncle and my dad, but we got to FaceTime the rest of my family when we reached the top.
Bottom left, some time with my family and my uncle's. The bottom right: one of the nineteen 14ers I did with my Dad, Bierstatd & Sawtooth.



3 comments:

  1. When the day comes that I FaceTime at the top of a mountain, then I will have achieved everything in my technology life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your depictions and descriptions of this experience. What is a 14er?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A 14er is a mountain that peaks at or above 14,000 ft elevation.
      This is a really good website about 14ers: http://www.14ers.com/photos/photos_14ers1.php

      Delete